Friday, December 11, 2020

Emergent Spelling




 
https://images.app.goo.gl/WP1iWzHBYry5FdtVA

The stages of spelling development was an eye opener for me. I am aware that students spelling develop over time, but I had no knowledge of students stages of spelling development. As we went into these stages, the characteristics of an Emergent speller stuck with me. This was due to the fact that I am able to make connections with my son. I am amazed by his performance thus far. He can distinguish between drawing and writing. In addition, he can write letters on a page as well as sound out some of these letters. Likewise, directionality was seen as he writes from left to write. I am so happy for this information because I am able to track my son's progress as he transitions through the stages of spelling development. This will also be useful, in observing students spelling development in the classroom as well so that I can work with them to ensure that they are at the level in which they should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Abandoned House

  https://anchor.fm/keida-pierre/episodes/An-Abandoned-House-enta9v/a-a456ke5 'An Abandoned House' is a descriptive piece which prov...