Saturday, November 21, 2020

Thesis Statement, the road map of any academic paper!!!!!!!





                                            https://images.app.goo.gl/cVogbqTmfnvvPJH97

One may ask, "What is a thesis?". 
A thesis in simple terms is the essence of your writing. It tells the reader what to expect from the rest of the paper and is found mainly in the last line of the first paragraph. I can recall writing my first essay on entering Teachers College and was asked to include my thesis. It was not smooth sailing for me at first but eventually I was able to manage with proper scaffolding. It was then I realised the usefulness of  a thesis statement.  Again, during LIT 102 classes, the use of a thesis statement was very instrumental in my persuasive writing. Going forward, I have decide at all times to include a thesis when writing because it allows my writing to be organised.  All in all, a thesis statement in any academic paper brings about unity in my writing. Like a road map it gives clear directions to your destination. 

The link below gives a clear understanding of a thesis statement.
https://youtu.be/4sx42_C10zw



1 comment:

  1. Hey Keida a thesis statement indeed conceptualize the idea of a road map, it provides clear direction of the writing pieces. I am happy to know that you are much better at constructing you thesis statement. I too also struggle at the initial stages on entry into college, I struggled with compacting my thesis statement however I can now say that it is much easier. I was proud that for Lit 102 I was able to construct my thesis with ease. It really shows how a teacher's scaffolding and encouragement goes a long way. In COM 102 the facilitator give extra assistance in helping to get it right. This just goes to show that as teachers how important our patience and scaffolding with students goes a very long way. As we continue to learn and empower ourselves, we are definitely more armed and prepare to face and scaffold the students as we return to the classroom.

    ReplyDelete

An Abandoned House

  https://anchor.fm/keida-pierre/episodes/An-Abandoned-House-enta9v/a-a456ke5 'An Abandoned House' is a descriptive piece which prov...